Twitter Flickr Pinterest Instagram Tumblr Portfolio

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Memory Chair and the Curse of the Magpie


My magpie radar went into overload today.  I came across Tokujin Yoshioka's Memory chair for Moroso and fell in love (again).  It's made out of a fabric from recycled aluminium and moulds to your shape or whatever shape you decide to push it in to. I'm guessing the memory part comes in when the chair stays the way you've shaped it.
I love foil, I used it so often for little sets and tableux because it's so malleable and, well shiny to be honest. I love shiny things. I'm sure these chairs might not be everyones cup of tea, I can feel the judgement of a fabric that looks like a domestic object, but I don't really care, I think they're beautiful. They're showing at the Design Festival in Milan this year and you can see more photos (including prototypes) when you look here.

No comments: