Twitter Flickr Pinterest Instagram Tumblr Portfolio

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Lily Donaldson, Harper's Bazaar Cover

After looking at so many vintage Harper's Bazaar covers recently, I decided to illustrate one of the more recent covers. 
Drawing from the new Harper's Bazaar's Greatest Hits book (which I'll show you all soon) I illustrated Lily Donaldson holding a gorgeous, little leopard cub.
In other news, Scott and I have set up a little workspace at home so I'll post some photos of that, hopefully when we get some inspiring photos up on the walls.
Also, I'm embarking on a new self initiated project called 'The Handbag Project'. Combining my love of portraiture and fashion, I'm going to be illustrating  A3 images of women, their favourite handbags and their contents. Obviously what we carry round with us is indicative to the kind of person we are and the lives we lead so hopefully it'll make for some interesting images!
If you'd like to get involved, all I need is a clear photo of yourself, your favourite handbag and some photos of the contents inside that you generally carry around, where I'll combine them all to make a lovely drawing. Each person involved will then get the opportunity to buy the original for a teeny £10 if they wish, otherwise, I'll keep them for my portfolio.
If you'd like to join with my project and send along some of your photos (you're not obliged to purchase!) then don't hesitate to email me at natasha.nicole.w@hotmail.com and I'll get in touch as soon as I can.
I'm starting the first of the series soon so keep an eye out for when I post it on here.
Hope you're all having a great week!




No comments: