Twitter Flickr Pinterest Instagram Tumblr Portfolio

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Orla Kiely & the summertime

I remember during my last job working in cosmetics, we had this huge case of new perfumes delivered that I had to display. When I opened the box they all said Orla Kiely. All the same design with many sizes, big and teeny. I forgot the brand and didn't even test the perfume (I'm a Paul Smith kind of girl) until I kept coming across Orla Kiely adverts in magazines and thought the kind of snapshot summertime photos of girls were so pretty. Since that day I have become borderline obsessed with Orla Kiely dresses. I'm thinking of doing some pencil sketches to capture the same feeling of the photos, maybe a little less harsh H pencil lines and more delicate smudges. Here are some of my favourite outfits from the brand. I think most are 2011 but a few older photos may be thrown in.










No comments: