Twitter Flickr Pinterest Instagram Tumblr Portfolio

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Illustrated Book, The Conductor


I think it’s time for more lovely photos of an illustrated books I’ve been sent and this week it’s The Conductor by Laetitia Devernay.


Published by Chronicle Books, The Conductor is a dreamy wordless narrative about an orchestra conductor, who causes trees’ leaves to rustle and fly, eventually morphing into all manner of whimsical objects and patterns. It’s the kind of book for children and adults alike and for me, as an illustrator it’s a beautiful book to keep just to look at. As an avid fan of all things patterned, I particularly like the mixture of absurdly intricate and completely sparse pages and find the limited palette to make the book look minimal and classy. Laetitia Devernay is an award winning author of several books for children which I’d recommend taking a look at. Follow @ACKidsUK or find them on facebook for more beautifuuuuul illustrated books like this.

(P.S, sorry about the state of my nails on the photos. I had glitter polish underneath which would NOT come off.)


No comments: